Pages

11.10.2015

Rehearsal/Dinner

You know when you were in school and you had to do a presentation, and you felt like you were totally ready for it, but then you get up in front of the class and suddenly you were like, I don't recognize any of these PowerPoint slides. Are these my hands? Whose hands are these? This pointer doesn't even have a laser! And then someone said, "That's because it's a pen, dude," and you realized you'd been saying all that out loud and your teacher just sat there shaking her head?

That's vaguely how the rest of the weekend felt for me. It was a lot of fun, but at several points I felt tricked. "I planned for this! I mean, it's turning out great, but how have I been caught so unprepared?"

Anyway. Friday evening as it started to rain we all gathered in Tellus for a rehearsal. With twenty people in our wedding party, it went about how you would imagine.





But in the end everyone looked great and we killed some time before going to Gypsy Kitchen for dinner.





Getting to the rehearsal dinner was the best feeling. It was such a relief to have everything (mostly) done. The meal was incredible, the company was better, and the place we were at looks like Hogwarts. It was a pretty good time.









Bill's parents gave a sweet toast showing Bill's artwork and assignments from his childhood. My dad gave a speech; we learned about some tricks Bill played on his sisters; and my oldest sister, Laura, told a story from our childhood about the Magic Hands. I won't explain here; I like to leave a little mystery in these posts.



This is where the pictures start to look real nice. Not that these aren't nice, but Grace is a professional. And also I'm unspeakably vain and want to show off how pretty she made us all look. 

SO MEET ME BACK HERE AT 3:00! YES I'M POSTING THESE EVERY HOUR ON THE HOUR, BECAUSE BILL HAS TO WORK LATE AND I DON'T HAVE THAT MUCH TO DO TODAY. SEE YOU THEN!!


No comments:

Post a Comment