Pages

8.20.2015

#TBT

Oh, it's just me. Writin' weird stuff:



"That's where we'll live, Bobby. Right under there. It's like a great white tent with that lovely lady as an angel to watch over us. Now that Mother and Father are gone, we've nowhere else to go, no one who wants us."

"Aw, c'mon, we've gotta go to school."

"You always said you wanted to join the circus. Why, we could start our own, right under there. With trained seals and acrobats and a silly old clown - I tell you, it'll be a jolly circus! Oh, do let's! "

"Cut it out. Let's go already."

"But the bride -- she - she's reaching out to us, Bobby, look. Beseeching us. She needs us, Bobby. Without children she is nothing: forever a bride, barren and fruitless, a ghost of a woman in her white vestments."

"You shut up, Mary, or I'll leave you here. I mean it!"

"Go, then. I've found my home. For someday I too shall be a bride, the sacred denizen of a store window, held up for all to pass by and admire. I must prepare myself, perform the ablutions."

"But Mary - "

"I said leave me, Robert."



Also featured: "Romance Again for Bing Crosby?" What an exciting issue of The American Weekly.

No comments:

Post a Comment