Pages

7.17.2015

How To Plan a Wedding in 10 Days

We're under 90 days. Three months away. I'm tired of planning and want to have everything set so I can lounge about in a negligee with cold cream on my face, making long calls on my pink rotary phone and batting my eyelashes at the ring on my left hand with a dreamy smile. This is all I want out of being engaged. But the only way I can achieve that is by being VERY PRODUCTIVE.

Preach, Teddy.

On the drive back from 4th of July weekend in New Jersey, we efficiently planned all remaining details, and over the past week and a half, we've started putting our plans into action! We purchased wedding insurance! We ordered hundreds of wildflowers AND some glass milk bottle vases to put them in! We picked a place for the rehearsal dinner that looks like Hogwarts! We decided the rings we ordered are just fine! The playlist is down to nine and half hours of music, I bought the fabric for my dress and another pair of shoes, and we booked our mini honeymoon in Philadelphia, the Paris of Eastern Pennsylvania.

BUT THERE IS STILL MUCH TO BE DONE. 

For instance, we still have to book the ceremony spot. Officially. It's becoming a problem. We can't print the invitations until we have a location to put on them. 

OR--!

Maybe we should just tell everyone a place to meet, like the hotel lobby or a fallow field or a shallow grave, and then we give them a series of clues that will send them all over downtown Lancaster - and if they want to maybe pick up some extra ice and napkins along the way, we wouldn't say no - until finally they reach the ceremony spot, which, let's be honest, we'll probably find minutes before the ceremony actually starts. 

Sounds fun to me.


3 comments:

  1. Do you think your clues could also lead me to a store to find my dress before Janet finds the (apparently only) olive green dress?!

    Guess it runs in the family...

    Olive green is the color we both chose because we want to show off our stereotypical California tan* to the Pennsylvanians.

    *tan... transparent... same thing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://40.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l7kz3nIhld1qdnpbfo1_400.jpg

      Delete
    2. ...I may have misunderstood the question.

      Delete