Pages

5.07.2015

Not to Brag, But...

We had a bit of a save the date snafu the other day. In short, I had hand-written the wrong url on 100 postcards.

This isn't the braggy part yet.

I didn't quite have a meltdown; I just looked down at my poor, cramped, claw of a hand and curled up into a ball of sad noises.

Instead of saying something dumb like "Weren't we supposed to send those out last month?" Bill made suggestions and kissed my hair while I kept up my defeated little moans. When I came up to him later and showed him a small change that effectively solved the problem, he all but jumped up on the counter - he was more excited than I was that the mini-crisis was over. Not because he's particularly fond of our save the dates (although they are pretty cute) but because now this thing that had been bothering me wasn't anymore.

It felt nice, and reassuring. Like we were on a team - Team Save the Dates. Team STD for short.


...We're still working on the name.

No comments:

Post a Comment