Pages

5.08.2015

ACTIONACTIONACTIONACTIONACTION



With just over five months until the wedding, we're in ACTION MODE. I have my handy list of To-Do's for May, which includes:

  • Sending Save the Dates
  • Wrangling people's addresses so we can send the Save the Date
  • Finishing the website before people get the Save the Dates, so that my carefully-written plea to visit it isn't in vain
  • Harassing Bill to ask his last three groomsdudes to join the army of people that is our wedding party
  • Figuring out what the groomdudes and bridesladies should wear
  • Figuring out a cooler collective name for the wedding party
  • Booking a ceremony site. You'd think we would've done this by now, but no. It's become a game of chicken - how close to the wedding do we dare book the ceremony spot?
  • Booking the caterer for real. We've tested out their tacos three times in the name of thoroughness (and hungriness), and it's about time we reserve them.
  • Blocking the hotel rooms. This has been on the list since January. It's becoming urgent.
  • Sewing my dress. HOORAY!
  • Getting insurance, just in case a hurricane decides to roll through in October or a wandering band of vikings alights at Tellus and ransacks the place
  • Planning the ceremony
  • Buying accessories, shoes, and lingerie (a-whoo!) (Also sorry, family, if you're reading this. That's more than you needed to know.)
  • Figuring out decorations, buying knick-knacks and sundries
  • Designing/printing invitations
  • Planning the rehearsal dinner
  • Working on the playlist, which also counts as my exercise. I put on some jams and dance like I'm having a seizure until I fall over from exhaustion. It's a very effective cardio routine.
  • Trying out makeup and hair stuff. My friend Vy-Vy acted as my beauty consultant over the past week. She did my makeup twice in different styles, took me shopping, stared down a rude saleslady at Ulta on my behalf, and dropped a whole mess of knowledge on me, like what a spoolie is. And that just because the thick eyebrow look is in right now, I don't have to let mine grow wild and free. But I can if I want, because I am a strong, independent woman who don't need no societal beauty standards (but who may need some brow gel).
  • As ever, walking the thin line between caring enough about my special day and not being so invested that I become a controlling, demanding monster.
Happy May!



Image via Adult Swim.

No comments:

Post a Comment