Pages

10.09.2015

Why I'm Getting Married

I'm getting married tomorrow.

I never wanted to get married - did I ever tell you that? I suspected that I might, eventually, but I never planned on it. I thought I'd age eccentrically into old Auntie Carrie, who emerges from solitude at every full moon bringing presents of pounds and pounds of peanut brittle and wearing a hat made out of a squirrel with wind chimes hanging off it.

But now I have old Uncle Sillybeard, who will sit on the porch and make fun of the neighbors with me and eat all my peanut brittle. I'm the luckiest girl in the world! I'll make him a hat made out of a flower pot, and in February we'll put a little stuffed groundhog in it.

So I guess getting married won't be as strange or frightening as I've always assumed. It seems a little like being alone, but with someone. Which, for an introvert, is about as nice as it gets.

No comments:

Post a Comment